Scripture: Isaiah 25:1-5, 8-9
2. The PROMINENCE of the World Trade Center and its symbol of economic achievement was destroyed in one day! Job 31:24-28 "If I have made gold my hope, or have said to the fine gold, Thou art my confidence; If I rejoiced because my wealth was great, and because mine hand had gotten much; If I beheld the sun when it shined, or the moon walking in brightness; and my heart hath been secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand: This also were an iniquity to be punished by the Judge; for I should have denied the God that is above."
3. The PENTAGON as a symbol of our military superiority revealed it is vulnerable to attack! Psalm 20:7 "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the Name of the LORD our God."
4. The PRIORITIES of government and media shifted immediately to the war on terrorism! Romans 13:3-4
5. Our POLITICS were set aside temporarily in the interest of national unity!
Philippians 3:20 "For our conversation (politics) is in heaven: from whence also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ."
6. The PAIN of thousands became our national concern and burden! Job 2:12-13 "And when they lifted up their eyes afar off, and knew him not, they lifted up their voice, and wept; and they rent every one his mantle, and sprinkled dust upon their heads toward heaven. So they sat down with him upon the ground seven days and seven nights, and none spake a word unto him; for they saw that his grief was very great."
7. The PLACE of our civil servants was elevated in our minds and hearts! Romans 13:6-7 "For this cause pay ye tribute also; For they are God’s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor." Titus 3:1-2 "Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, to speak evil of no man, to
be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men."
8. Our PATRIOTISM was restored through this tragedy! Proverbs 14:34 "Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people."
9. The PLAN for Homeland Security was given immediate attention! I Thessalonians 5:3 "For when they shall say, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape."
10. The PROBLEMS of our economy became more pronounced! Luke 12:15 "Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." read also I Timothy 6:5-11
11. The PRAYERS of a nation were given importance once again! II Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, which are called by My Name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." read also II Timothy 2:1-4
12. Our PERCEPTIONS of the Islamic religion and its agenda for the world became our serious concern! Psalm 83:3-5 "They have taken crafty counsel against Thy people, and consulted against Thy hidden ones. They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance. For they have consulted together with one consent; they are confederate against Thee."
13. The PEACE in the Middle East became more difficult and dangerous!
Ezekiel 13:10 "Because they have seduced My people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace" v. 16 "the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord God."
14. The PRESSURE for world unity, cooperation, and control has increased
dramatically! Genesis 11:4-9; Revelation 13:4-9, 16-17
15. The PROLIFERATION of weapons of mass destruction has accelerated! II Corinthians 10:4 – "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds."
16. The PURSUIT of religious unity and tolerance that ignores doctrinal differences is rising at an alarming rate! I Timothy 4:1-2; II Timothy 4:5; II Peter 2:1-3; I John 2:22-26; 4:1-6; II John 7-11
17. The PROPHECIES of the Bible became issues of major interest
Luke 21:25-26; II Peter 1:19-21
18. The POSITION of Israel in the prophetic plan of God has been attacked by Christians who accept "replacement theology." Jeremiah 31:36-37; Romans 11:2
19. The PERSUASION of believers in the return of the Messiah has become stronger than ever! Philippians 3:20-21; Titus 2:13
20. The PROMISES of God have not changed! Isaiah 46:9-11; 55:10-11; Matthew 24:35
Americans must decide, and the issues that are important to Bible believers, must be carefully evaluated. It has been our past history to observe candidates who say one thing in order to get elected, but who practice something else once they are elected. There are ramifications of each issue, of course, but these positions are what the candidates themselves have declared.
THE ISSUES OBAMA/BIDEN MCCAIN/PALIN
Abortion on demand Support Oppose
Same Sex Marriage Support Oppose
Oil Drilling in America Oppose Support
Tax on Capital Gains Support Oppose
Voluntary Prayer in Schools Oppose Support
Public display Ten Commandments Oppose Support
Government control Health Care Support Oppose
War in Iraq Oppose Support
Dividing Jerusalem Support Oppose
Global Warming Support Oppose